Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have just install an ink cartridge and I pulled the tape

Customer Question

I have just install an ink cartridge and I pulled the tape to put the ink holder in place and the tape came loose and I cannot figure how to fit it back in place
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It sounds like the part to which you are referring is the encoder strip. The encoder strip is a piece of plastic that could be seen to look like tape – it's usually clear and sometimes has marks on it like a ruler. It stretches tightly from one side of the carriage area to the other. On this printer you should see small in the edge of the carriage to which you can attach the encoder strip – it will attach snugly but be careful not to break it. Will just be small pieces of metal punched out of the side pieces of metal once it's attached at both ends and the printhead can move up and down the encoder strip, it should be working again. However, if the encoder Fripp is broken and cannot. Attached then you may have to replace it with a new one. If you actually have it out right now it's a good time just to clean it with a paper tall and some water if it's dirty. Mike