Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Need to reconnect my canon wireless printer to my iMac after

Customer Question

need to reconnect my canon wireless printer to my iMac after a router change i do not have the set up cd
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Have you setup wireless on your printer using the new wireless name and password? If no, please let me know the exact model number of the printer, so that I can assist you set it up. After setting up wireless, follow the instructions below. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have not found where to set up the new wireless information. Printer is a canon MG3222
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the list, and my printer is there already
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Try resetting the printing system and adding the printer again, if that does not work, please follow the instructions given below. Please go to the link below, download and run Canon IJ Network Tool v. 4.6.0 (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) listed under Software. http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3222#DriversAndSoftware You will get instructions from the below document.http://www.usa.canon.com/CUSA/assets/app/pdf/wireless/setup_MG3220_Mac.pdf Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick ResolutionWould you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $30 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote". If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting so frustrated at this point. I have downloaded and installed the drivers and software. but no where does it ask me to set up new network opened the printer page from the printer options and it appears to be already set up with the correct router however, when i go to print it tells me no air printers found
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you reset the printing system? Please do that first. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After resetting the printing system try adding the printer again. Click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list. If you are able to add the printer, that mean the printer is in the network. If so, try printing anything. If you are not able to add it, you have to run Canon IJ network tool and reconfigure wireless. Thank you.S H E F I N