Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

HP Lazer Jet P1006 not printing. Says there s an error. Using

Customer Question

HP Lazer Jet P1006 not printing. Says there s an error. Using Vista. Hasn't wored with Word, Firefox, Explorer and Chrome mail. Reinstalled driver from disk and from Internet.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What is the error the printer is reporting, please? and is it on the computer's screen, or on the printer itself (please check the printer's indicators and/or screen for such an error) ? Is the HP printer in question hooked up directly to the computer, with a USB cable? or is it wireless networked or networked in some other way? Also, has this printer worked before in this configuration, with this particular computer? or is this a new configuration or is the computer new to the printer? Let me know, please. Thanks.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I advise trying a complete uninstall of the printer's driver, which involves locating the driver's entry or icon in theDevices And Printers window of Control Panel,selecting that icon, and Deleting that icon for the HP P1006 printer.Then disconnecting the printer from the computer.Then restarting the computer.Then reinstalling the driver, before reconnecting the printer (only reconnect the printer to the computer when the driver is well installed, or not until the driver installation requires it, otherwise you may get a defective or useless driver installation.) Note: if the printer is a wireless printer, you may need to turn the printer Off, at the point where I say 'disconnect the printer', and turn it back On at the point where I say 'reconnecting the printer'. This uninstall-reinstall procedure might help. Unless, of course, the printer is wireless, and not working. In which case, try clearing the printer's queue, and only sending a print from Notepad as a test. Let me know how it goes, in some detail, if it still doesn't work. Thanks.