John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just bought a Canon Pixma iP2820 printer and I can't seem

Customer Question

I just bought a Canon Pixma iP2820 printer and I can't seem to make it work. I must admit that I'm not to knowledgeable on computer. I have mac computer and I did buy the cable to hook up to computer. please help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Which OS X Version are you running and is there any error message, also did you connect printer to the usb port ?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $28 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mac is an os x 10.4.11version. Yes it is connected to USB port.
That is an OS X Tiger (10.4). The printer does not have any drivers for this version of OS X, unfortunately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's too bad, I just can't afford to keep paying if there's no way to make printer work with my mac.
You will run into this issue, with most printers. Hard to find one that will actually work with 10.4.11. You need look into upgrading your operating system. The latest is 10.10. OS X tiger is around 8 years old.