John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon pixma pro 1. Support code 1600. Have changed the cyan ink tank 3

Customer Question

Canon pixma pro 1. Support code 1600. Have changed the cyan ink tank 3 times and get the same code.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean, you have tried with 3 different cyan ink tanks ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you use genuine Canon cartridges ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I never have and they always work. That isn't the problem. The problem is in the printer. Can we speed this up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get this resolved ASAP. If you can't help me get the printer up and running I will ask for a refund. I don't need to pay to have someone tell me I need to use $40 canon cartridges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm about to seek answers elswhere if I don't hear back within 2 minutes. I'm not getting a response from you.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, but as this is not a Canon support site, we have to help more than one customer at a time, so it is taking some time to reply you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I'm not satisfied. I will be asking for a refund.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
The problem you are facing is caused due to hardware failure and not due to cartridges, I can tell you what is the problem and what you have to replace to solve the problem, but it is not possible to replace that part for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. tell me
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
The problem is caused due to two reasons, one the cartridges and two the printhead, as you have already tried with three different cartridges, it is clear that the problem is not the cartridges and it means the problem is with the printhead, the last solution for this problem is replacing the printhead, but before that you can try something to solve the problem and you may not have to replace the printhead, please let me know the model no. of the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model # ***** ***** pro 1. You are incorrect about the problem. I solved the problem by calling another source who advised holding the stop button down for 10 seconds. That cleared the error. Will you please refund the charges or will I have to call my credit card company?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
OK