John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a WF3520 and the rear, single sheet paper feed works

Customer Question

I have a WF3520 and the rear, single sheet paper feed works fine when printing a PDF document. But when I'm printing a word document, it ejects the sheet in the rear slot and then prints the sheet from the cartridge (main) paper source. Others have this problem in blogs but I've never read of any solution. Ideas?
Thanks!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
May I ask which version of Windows or Mac OS you are using?
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit all up to date with fixes etc. Diddo for my Office 2010 suite. The problem is independent of the word doc being used. Thank you!
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to resolve the problem with out incurring additional charges.
I understand. The solution is to click the Properties button after you click print, click the Paper or Layout, choose the preferred choice for paper tray source, and then print.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that. It doesn't work with MS doc files. that was specified in my original problem description. I have no problems when printing PDF docs. I know how to specify the paper source.
Okay. That means the problem requires more analysis via a remote session. Are you still against me remoting in so that I can analyze the problem and fix it for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, because now you are charging twice what I originally anticipated. That's like a bait & switch tactic.
It is not a bait and switch tactic. I am sorry you think that. I will go ahead and opt out of the question to allow another to work with you.The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.Thank you for your patience. - Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It occurred to me that I should check firmware revs so I updated the Epson software updater (which it suggested) and then it detected a firmware update being available. I went through that update process successfully and tested the print case again and it failed. No change.More detail on the problem: when doing the print (a single page MS word doc), I select the rear slot for paper source. The computer immediately says "load a single sheet of paper print side up in the rear slot." I do that and the LCD screen on the printer says "send the print job." I hit the print on the computer screen and it immediately ejects the rear sheet of paper and prints on the next sheet of paper from the carriage source.