Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I am getting a printer error on my MP560 WS printer, and it

Customer Question

I am getting a printer error on my MP560 WS printer, and it tells me to call Canon Service Center.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What error code is it showing?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error number is *****
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I was afraid you would say that and was hoping for a different one.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Thanks. One of the cartridges is very low. I will replace it and see what happens. If I still have trouble, I will get back to you. Thanks.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freddie:I have all full cartridges. I swabbed all around the inside. Unplugged while I had lunch. Still have the error message. :(
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8
You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.