MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

Im getting an improper shutdown error on my HP officejet

Customer Question

Hi Im getting an improper shutdown error on my HP officejet 150 mobile all in one printer, then it just shuts itself off
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Sorry to hear that.How old is your printer?Also is this happening even when you try to turn it on?Or only when you try to print?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's about a year old, it happens when I try to turn it on
Thank you for that information. Is this one just under a year or just over a year old?Thats important on this one.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Likely just over a year
Thank you for that information. I would contact HP on this because there have been quite a few with this problem that are just about the same age as yours.I think its a defect and HP may fix this as a warranty issue because it is just over 1 year old and HP is usually pretty good about that;-)Also they are aware of this, they may even have a procedure for resetting this portable printer by now.The best thing to do is contact HP at the # ***** should be on your warranty card or in your owners manual. If you cant find that readily you can call them here to get started in the right direction. Pleas call: HP(###) ###-####I will stick with you until this solved. Please rate my service kindly at this time before closing this page, then you can contact me anytime with further questions you may have on your printer.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael