John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon IR2022i. How do I print on paper that is larger than

Customer Question

Canon IR2022i. How do I print on paper that is larger than the original, without enlarging the original? Original = 8.75 x 12.60": if I select the output size as A3, it will automatically enlarge the original to A3
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Page scaling on the Canon will not help, as it either shrinks or enlarges both dimensions by the one percentage you nominate (no choice), so the exact dimensions of the original cannot be matched, on eg. the A3 output size. If the output size does not exactly mirror one of the standard paper sizes, the machine gives an error and will not proceed unless rebooted. If I nominate a larger page size than the original, (e.g. A3) and expect to guillotine the waste, all the machine will do is to ENLARGE the original which is not what I want. I need to print exactly the same size as the original (but on A3 paper)
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
Please let me know the operating system installed on the computer from which you are using the printer
also let me know what find of file are you trying to print like a doc file, email, pdf, photo etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Why have I just been advised that my credit card has been debited for $47 when the website advertising clearly said NO PAYMENT unless satisfied. I am not yet satisfied! I will contact my Cred Card provider immediately to stop the payment. I did not authorise you to debit my card!2. I have no idea what relevance the operating system has to the internal workings of the Canon Printer which has loaded its own software independent of ANY operating system and operates via an IP address. As it turns out mine could be Windows 7 home , or Windows 7 Professional, or Windows XP (any or all of those). How does that help?5. Yes, I am printing a doc file, an email, a PDF file, a jpg file, a tiff file, and a giff file and a multitude of other formats. Does that help?6. Are you very familiar with the Canon IR 2022i machine, or are you just guessing?Richard Bournes
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
operating system information would help me in giving you the relevant steps based on whether you use a windows system or macos
we get customers who could be technically experts or might be beginners.
so i have to share steps in a way that both can understand and i hope you understand that opening the printer driver utility has different steps for windows and macos
anyhow, since you seem to have doubts on my knowledge on this issue ,i will opt out and let my fellow experts help you on this
thanks for your patience
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an intimate knowledge of the Canon IR2022i? If not, I don't think you can help me. The issue is not with the operating system (as Michelle tried to say) because there is proper communication between the computer and the printer - I use it all the time for other printing functions, as recently as five minutes ago. It is a specific issue with the way this particular printer works, once the escape codes have been sent to it from the computer. A screen session will tell you no more than what I have told you at the beginning.
Regards
Richard Bournes
I have resolved issues similar to this one a few hundred thousand times. I very much appreciate your opinion on these matters.
Once I am remoted in, I can take a look at the computer, the printer, and the communication between the two.