John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother J4750 Wireless printer and an Netgear N600

Customer Question

I have a Brother J4750 Wireless printer and an Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band router. The communication between the two is not working so I cannot print wirelessly. I tried another router and it worked but there was no other advantage to the new router
so I returned it. I called Netgear and they wanted to charge me a good sum to fix the problem. How can I get the two devices to talk to each other>
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. On the printer's screen, what happens when you connect to your Netgear Wi-Fi / wireless network name? Is there nay error or message?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Viet:I've been investigating further. Actually the WLAN report is showing the that the connection is OK
(WPA at the hardware address 54:35:30:a9:a0:df on Network Channel 8)The problem is that I cannot print from my windows 8 laptop.I attach here the Network Configuration Report. Do you see anything that indicates why the printer remains offline and not ready in its wireless mode?Thanks, Tim
Thank you. Then the issue is with the communicating settings on the laptop and/or on the router.
Can I connect remotely to your laptop, so I can fix the issue directly on your laptop together with you?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,