Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

New toner is jammed is brother hl2270dw

Customer Question

New toner is jammed is brother hl2270dw
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Turn the printer Off.
Open it up, and try to remove the toner cartridge. Do not force it, lest something breaks. (You may have to remove the whole drum assembly with it, of course, if it is the type of laser printer where the toner cartridge slides into the drum assembly and is then placed in the printer together with the drum assembly.)
A latch on the drum assembly or on the toner cartridge, may be in the wrong position. If you need guidance (once you have gotten the drum and cartridge out of the machine - and be sure to put the drum separate from the cartridge into a place with no dust, no abrasion, and dim light or darkness, e.g. an unoccupied desk drawere, in the meantime -) let me know and I will specifically guide you as to how to properly put the drum and cartridge into the machine without jamming and with all steps and illustrations.
Let me know. Thanks.