Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Russell H.! Are you still there? I see your answers to exactly my questions (Canon

Customer Question

Hi Russell H.!
Are you still there? I see your answers to exactly my questions (Canon iP6600D printhead "not installed" are fantastic. I can sometimes get it to work (as it did just now, knowing you are looking, I suspect) by turning it off. But I know I'll be back in touch with you, if you're still in business. And will say here that you give the kinds of detailed answers that are utterly lacking the so-called Help routines.
Cheers, ***** ***** being there!
Dave at
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the machine when you get this error before testing it again?
.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think Expert Freddy M. is completely competent to take your question on - but since you requested me, I'm willing to provide my take on the issue also, unless you would prefer Freddy M's excellent advice instead.
If you get the printhead (and the printing) to work sometimes by turning the printer Off, then I would advise you
1. to keep the printer cool, by directing an auxiliary fan into its grilles, vents, or openings... just a bit. Too much cooling might dry up the ink in the printhead! causing you to need replacement of the printhead for that reason if not any other reason.
But even better: give it free space on all sides for it to get air. Turn the air conditioning down enough that the air it gets is less than 80 degrees F. And, don't overuse it - that will heat it up.
2. when you turn it Off, leave it Off for a good period of time - at least 20 minutes. (And if that ever doesn't work, even once, change that minimum cooling-off-turned-Off time to 30 minutes, and so forth. If it still doesn't revive its functions after some 50 minutes, then if its ambient temperature around it is below 80 F. for sure, it needs repairing of some sort for sure - or, replacing.
That's my tentative first answer. But you can ask for more help on this case without additional charge.
Let me know what you think, and how it goes when you have tried the above, please. Thanks.