Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Brother printer HL217W. Last time I printed it was

Customer Question

I have a Brother printer HL217W. Last time I printed it was fine but something is not allowing the printer to power down.
I can print out a test page by pressing the blue button for 10 seconds but I have no idea what it is saying is wrong.
I cannot print anything although it is queued
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the printer cannot turn Off, then pull the power plug on it, sharply and suddenly. Leave it that way for 10+ minutes, then plug in again, and try it again. Print jobs will not be lost, and they will print as soon as the printer is ready again. If the next print job listed in the printer's queue does not proceed to print, select it (in the printer's queue window) then delete that print job. The others should come off, unless they were all duplicates of a rogue print job from a wrongly configured or corrupted application. Let me know how it goes. (And, if you need more details of what I have advised you to do.)