John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Mike, I am having the same issue with my CLP-325W Printer

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I am having the same issue with my CLP-325W Printer that this client has had. I continues to print colored lines on each of my prints. The cartridges are new. I have not use the printer in months, because the toner is so expensive. I too have followed your instructions to the letter and the streaks are still there. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It may be that the colored streaks are owing to leakage from cheap (non-Brother, not-OEM, refilled, etc.) cartridges. I advise you first, to run several pages, or about 10, through the printer. Photocopies would do, of some noncommittal black-and-white text-only original would be fine, or even just copies of a blank sheet of paper. This will 'sop up' loose toner to some degree if there is any loose, or leaking over time. Then you should open the printer up and take a glance around in it, briefly, for any sign of considerable toner leakage - esp. if that 'cleaning' run does not diminish the problem. Let me know the result, please, and I will advise you further.