Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have just moved and my Canon MX522 will not connect anymore.

Customer Question

I have just moved and my Canon MX522 will not connect anymore. The Mac desktop says the printer cannot connect. I have set up the wifi on the printer, and all the Canon menu and icons are still on the desktop.
Please help I need my printer for work.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. When you set up the wifi on the printer, did it show Connected to access point or something else?
What's your Mac OS X version, i.e., 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it showed connected to access point. And my mac's operating system is OSX 10.3 Yosemite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked just fine 1 month ago on the same operating system and computer?
Thank you. Please try the following:
1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top left, then select System Preferences..., then open Print & Scan.
2. Select the Canon... printer
3. Click on the - (minus) icon at the bottom left, and remove/delete the printer.
4. Make sure printer is powered on
5. Click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, and it should detect your printer, then add it.
6. Check printing.
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Working!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THX! Easy
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope, not fixed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Something else popped up after I went to print off my computer not just a test page from the que.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind, I fixed it!
Sorry, it was working, then not working? When you add the printer, does it detect?
Great. I would do the followings if there is issue in the future:
1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears, and confirm reset.
(After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.)
3. Make sure printer is powered on
4. Click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, and it should detect your printer, then add it.
5. Check printing.
Do you need anything else for now? When you are available, please reply back at the box below. Thank you,