WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

How do I scan a document so that I can email it?

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help answer your questions.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
To start, we will need to scan the document and then save it to PDF. Then we can attach the file to email.Let me know when you are ready to get started.Thanks
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Follow the steps in this video to set up email capability for your scanner.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdAtbBVzJ9U
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I've followed the instructions but they must be for a different version of the Canon copier as I don't get the same information on screen. On the front of our copier is: Canon iR3300. When I click on printers installed on the computer, it refers to the copier as being iR2200-iR3300 PCL6. I believe that this copier scans to a word document rather than a pdf.
We now have a new printer/scanner now but it needs repairing so I have reverted to trying to scan with our old printer which is still in use for copying. We used to use it for scanning before we purchased the newer copier. I have forgotten how to use it for scanning. I have a set of instructions to follow but it is not working.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Is the new printer / copier plugged in via network cable or USB cable to the computer?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Do you have access to the manual to configure the Canon IR3300? If not, I can get the steps for you to configure the copier for scanning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new copier scanner is a Sharp and yes it i connected via a network cable. No, I haven't located the old manual for the Canon.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
First, the Sharp will need to be configured to scan to email. Please let me know the model number for the Sharp Copier and I can get the instructions for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sharp copier is showing a service error H5-01 so I can't print, scan or copy from it and this is why I am trying to revert to using the old canon to scan. (I've sent the people who we purchased the Sharp copier from and they haven't responded - maybe by Monday they will but I need to be able to scan over the week-end.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you would need it but the Sharp copier is MX-450IN 3884
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
These are the steps for the Canon IR 3300. Follow these steps to configure the scan to email function.http://support.mwos.com/guides/Setting%20up%20Scan%20to%20Email.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying to help but I started to follow the instructions but came across blocks. The canon should already be set up to scan as I used to use it for this purpose. My simple set of instructions which I used to use was:
Press Options
Press online
Open a blank word document
Click on insert, Picture, Camera or scanner
Custom insert
Scan
Press cancel if you don't want to scan any other documents.I think it is too hard and I'll have to wait for Sharp to fix the copier.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No can't follow your instructions but the Sharp copier is now fixed and can scan from it now so I don't need to use the canon for scanning now, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Canon copier service tech said the software for the copier is newer and no longer compatible - machine is 12 yrs old and I won't be able to use the copier for scanning anymore. Could you please confirm that I won't be charged anymore for the service?