Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I want to print photos but the printer keeps asking

Customer Question

I want to print photos but the printer keeps asking for letter paper
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? When printing photos, does it give you any printing option?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I do live online support, which I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue directly on your computer together with you. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=010404ec-5d7a-4265-8e74-800b34543a3d
Or click on the website below:
http://tinyurl.com/qj6aslj
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Evidently the response can't be downloaded to my I pad. Could I get the phone call I asked for?
I'm sorry. Do you mean you are trying to print photos from the iPad, not from a windows or mac computer? Let me know the issue to another expert who can call you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have an I pad but it didn't cause any problems until this started.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
What type of paper have you got in the printer. The iPad has limited printing support and it likes you to have standard paper in the printer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Try this app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pixma-maxify-printing-solutions/id664425773?mt=8 But you may still have limited capabilities as to what paper size it usesIt takes that from the actual size of the object being printed and you have to match it with the paper in the printer. It won't let you resize at print time