Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have installed a WF-3620/WF-3640 all in one. My problem

Customer Question

I have installed a WF-3620/WF-3640 all in one. My problem is my fax is "offline" and I don't know how to fix that.
Thank you,
Kathy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I will need to know the exact and full error message you are getting about your fax being offline. (If it is on the printer, and if it says 'Printer is Offline', that's different, and you should be able to send a fax. Perhaps not receive one, f the printer is offline in a way that prevents it printing anything, but sending should still work, with that error message.) Check the phone cord connection, of course. It should be plugged into the 'line' jack on your Epson device, not the 'phone' (which means 'extension phone') jack. Let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right now as it stands...I would give you a poor rating...what you said I had already done...I can get the fax to send...however I don't know if iam getting any faxes...I haven't rated you because iam now out of town till Tuesday and don't know if any faxes have come thru.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
You may - if you don't have any objections to using HP's test fax facility when you don't have an HP faxing machine - send to the HP test fax number, a single sheet fax in black-and-white, it doesn't have to have anything on it really, and HP's test fax facility will do a return fax to verify that both sending and receiving are working, after several minutes.
HP's test fax number is
1-888-hpfaxme (1-***-***-****)
Try it. Let me know how it goes, please! I like to hear how things went.