Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

When I run card stock on my canon c5185 the first few copies

Customer Question

When I run card stock on my canon c5185 the first few copies come out fine then intermittently the yellow and magenta will be out of register. Why is this happening?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. My guess is that your are above or near the paper weight linit ( paper size and thickness) for the machine. The machine can only handle Acceptable Paper WeightsCassette17 lb. Bond to 110 lb. IndexBypass17 lb. Bond to 140 lb. Index That tells us that the bypass can handle a thicker paper then the cassette can. So you could try loading and printing from the bypass intead of the cassette, as it can handle a heavier / thicker paper. With that being said, if the paper weight is over 250 gsm.. Youre going to have issues trying to print any more then a copy at a time. If you have further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
HI, I havent heard from you since you viewed my response a week ago.
Did you still need help with this issue, did you have further questions?
Please respond when you can, thank you.
Dustin S.