John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Brother Printer has all new ink cartridges in and all of

Customer Question

My Brother Printer has all new ink cartridges in and all of a sudden is not printing, it prints so faded you cannot read
Model MFC-J4310DW
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you using genuine brother cartridges, or are they generic/refilled ones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Genuine
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head. You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function, if it doesn’t work try it a second time. If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning. Let me know the results, and I"ll advise further if needed.