Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am trying to set up the wireless connection on my HP Officejet

Customer Question

I am trying to set up the wireless connection on my HP Officejet 4632 printer. My problem should be simple, but it's frustrating. I need to enter the WEP/WPA2 key, which I have, but how in the world do you use the keypad to choose the character you want? The first character in the key is "4"; when I press that number, I get a "g"; pressing "4" multiple times does not move me along the line of choices, but just gives me multiple "g" characters. There must be some alternate key involved, but the manual sure doesn't help with that....
Thanks!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
To enter lowercase letters, touch the > abc ABC < button on the visual keyboard.
To enter numbers, touch the 123 button on the visual keyboard.
To enter symbols, touch the $@! button on the visual keyboard.
Does that help?
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but my Internet service provider had a outage for several days as someone cut through a cable. I still can't enter the WEP/WPA2 key, since I don't see a 123, ABC or $@! button on the keyboard. A line of number/alpha characters appear in the little window on the printer, but nothing seems to move me around that window, and the choices disappear so fast I can't seem to get anywhere.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Question. The control panel where your entering the letters and numbers, it does allow you to touch the screen right? Before you type or enter any numbers. When it asks you to enter the WPA key. Can you take a picture of the exact screen you are seeing and send that picture to me. That way I can see exactly where the buttons are your supposed to tap on , on the screen. To change it from upper to lowercase or from Alpha to numeric. ( usually the 123 is what you tap on ) D.S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The view window does not appear to be touch responsive. I will try to take a picture and forward it to you.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Will wait for your reply. Dustin S