Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon Image Class D530 and a Mac OSx 10 something.

Customer Question

I have a Canon Image Class D530 and a Mac OSx 10 something. I wish to print a quality black and white transparency from the Multi purpose Tray of the Canon printer. So, On the Print Window, there is NO allowing a transparency, under Basic Settings. There is NO way to choose the Multi Purpose Tray. I Want To Load One Transparency Sheet in the Multi Purpose Tray, Go To the Print Window and Print Transparencies and Make Photo-Emulsion Silk Screens with a nice High Quality Laser Printed Transparency. I have READ EVERYTHING I Can Find! Why is this Function so well hidden??? Please HELP.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the manual lists 'media allowed' in the printer's specifications, see whether "transparencies" are listed as an allowed media type for this model, the Canon D530.
If they are not listed, your printer cannot print transparencies, and if you try to put one through the printer, you may ruin the printer, or at minimum cause a severe problem that will be expensive to fix, in terms of time, money, or both.
Actually, I have looked that point up - Canon says this printer model does do transparency media.
You need first of all to select [Transparency] as the Paper Type (or Media Type, etc.) in the printer's driver settings, on your computer.
If there is no such entry, you may be working with a generic driver, not the one written by Canon for this model, and thus might need to download the one appropriate for your computer's MAC OS X version.
And a caution: it won't work if you load more than 1 transparency at a time into the Multi-Purpose Tray. In the Cassette, you can put up to 50 transparency sheets.
( If it turns out your printer's driver as currently installed has no option whatever for Transparency media or paper type, then go to
Help - About This MAC
and get the exact 10.X version # ***** that, and tell me what it is, and I will instruct you further as to what to do. )