Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

The black cartridge holder is out and I cannot get it back

Customer Question

the black cartridge holder is out and I cannot get it back in the holder in order to insert the cartridge. How can this be done successfully?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Sometimes it helps to take out the color cartridge that is side by side with the black.
That way that both latches on the cartridge holder are raised.
Then, insert the black cartridge first and push down on its latch. It should snap into place.
Insert the color cartridge second. ( heres a visual of those steps)
http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/x6100/CANLAD/setupsh.pdf
On that page, scroll down and focus on items 11, 12 and 13..
If you remove both ink tanks are you then able to get the black to fit and latch into place as normal?
If yiou have already tried this or it doesnt work, please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.