Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

MFC 7720 paper jam in accordion fashion and also print with

Customer Question

MFC 7720 paper jam in accordion fashion and also print with 2 narrow vertical bland lines
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Is the paper that is jamming the output (printed) page, or the input (scan/fax/copy) page?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Also do the vertical lines come up on all jobs including print, copy, received fax, etc? OR only on copies, only on computer prints, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only output are jammed
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
These are going to be 2 separate issues.The jamming will come from a bad feed roller or other jam/fault in the output paper path.The lines, if on prints as well as copies, even after drum replacement, can only be from a faulty imaging unit. While you may be able to clean the system enough to resolve the crumpling, the image unit really can't be fixed, and is never feasible to replace. The part alone costs more than a new machine does and is a very labor intensive job. For a 10 year old model printer, this type of fault is typical just with normal wear and tear. I would not consider it worth repairing, when you can buy a brand new machine with a frsh warranty in the $100-200 range. Depending how you'd like to proceed though, I can help with finding parts, a local shop, or replacement recommendations.Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan