Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My pixma 450 snarls every time I try to print. There was a

Customer Question

My pixma 450 snarls every time I try to print. There was a paper jam but I am pretty sure I found a way to extract the lost sheet. The error message reads
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
The error code 5100 indicates that the printer is still sensing something stuck in the printer
There are 2 possibilities, either their is something stuck or a sensor detecting the paper jam issues has faulted.
Please try the below steps
first of all remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable
now manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it. you can blow some air in these areas
once done turn the unit back on and check
if even after performing the above steps, the error 5100 continues, then an electric sensor that detects paper jams has faulted.
If the unit is within warranty cover get the unit serviced through Canon
If the unit is out of warranty, then you may contact a local repair store for service.
Let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer