Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have an Epson Artisan 837 All in ne Printer and your Technical

Customer Question

I have an Epson Artisan 837 All in ne Printer and your Technical Support has told me I need a new print head. Is this a major repair job?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately, yes, this is a major repair job. The printhead in these epsons is not user servicable. It is not something you just pop in and out. It would have to go in for service unless this is something you're highly experienced with. The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2010 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. For repairs you’re looking at $200-250 ($125 for the part, about the same for labor). For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan