John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an x4550 ptr. getting 'left cartridge missing' msg.

Customer Question

I have an x4550 ptr. getting 'left cartridge missing' msg. have reseated and replaced the cart. w/ new, still same msg.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How old is the printer? Is it a genuine lexmark cartridge? Have you cleaned the machine?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is not a simple fix, I;m not going to put much time or money into it. i'm planning on replacing it. I am using reman cartridges.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
As I said to find out we would need to troubleshoot and you may need a part to get it to use any cartridges. In order to start troubleshooting I need the answer to those questions.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I am being called away and have to stop now. I'll deal with the problem later. John
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok
.