Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Got a brand new bizhub C554. When I copy, the 2nd page

Customer Question

hi, got a brand new bizhub C554. When I copy, the 2nd page and on prints cyan or magenta lines uniformly, like a grid. Whats the de3al?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,This problem can be caused by loose cyan or magenta toner getting onto the rollers that move the paper through the machine.The "tire-tracks" pattern produced by this contamination shows up as a grid on the paper and coincides with the location of the rollers relative to the paper-feed path. Unless you are a printer technician, leave this cleanup job to experts, especially if your hardware is still under warranty. Before you call for service, however, try replacing your toner cartridges to rule out defective supplies as the cause. Also ensure you are using genuine Konica Minolta toner cartridges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem was not as above. It is a default function that needs a special code that is only known by Minolta techs. This is done by Konica Minolta as a factory setting on new printers such as the C554 to oblige the owners in hiring a tech to do the initial setup.
Is the problem now resolved, or do you need any further assistance?
Please post back at your convenience.
Have a great weekend,
Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem was resolved by calling Konica Minolta and having a tech come over to put in codes in the NEW machine. Apparently this is what is needed when a mchine is new. Programmed by Konica so I have to call a tech.
Ok, let me know if you need anything else at all from me,
Have a great weekend,
Pete.