John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I recently purchased an EPSON XP-520. Everything

Customer Question

I recently purchased an EPSON XP-520. Everything apparently works alright except, I cannot get the printer to work. I turn the printer on and press print and it says printing but then it says open tray and does not print. Can you help me to understand what I am doing wrong. Robert XXXXXX;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
When you 'press Print', I presume you are doing so, in your computer's screen, or in the program windows on that screen.
How is the printer connected, please? directly with a USB cable, or by way of a network ?
Do you have a Windows PC, or an Apple computer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
connected wireless to a network, I have a windows pc
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks for the response and the information. Has the printer ever worked? And, is it a new printer, or Used/previously Used, etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, my printer is a new printer, it has worked in all other ways except printing
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Go (on your Windows PC, that you want to print) to Control Panel - System and Security - System and tell me what the Windows Edition is. Also look lower down, in the section headed 'System', and tell me whether the System Type is 32-bit or 64-bit. With that information, I should be able to advise you.