VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have three computers all running Win 7 home Premium. Installed

Customer Question

I have three computers all running Win 7 home Premium. Installed my new Canon Maxify MB2060 on my main desktop wirelessly through the router. Trouble is the two desktops cannot "see" the printer, but my laptop can and prints just fine. The main desktop will scan OK which shows the network is OK.......they can talk........but they won't print as they "can't see" the printer. USB makes no difference
When you look at the map in Network and Sharing, the printer is not there on the map, but is at the bottom left corner of the page. I have spent many hours trying to crack this and am defeated. There is some command setting or something else amiss with the two desktops that is not the case with the laptop.
Internet shows this to be a common problem that I feel the manufacturers software should have addressed when installing the printer.
So do you have someone who knows what the issue is and can take/show the necessary steps to correct it please
Stuart
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry of the issue but I think that we can solve it.
Do you know how to create a test page in Windows 7? If not do this:
To print a test page
Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
Right-click a printer, and then click Printer properties.
On the General tab, click Print Test Page.
Now what we are looking for is the IP Address. Please let me know what that is Sir or Madame...