John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It seems to me that if there is print driver that it may have

Customer Question

It seems to me that if there is print driver that it may have been affected by the virus problem. I did not have to load a driver after the solution to the the virus. Its as if a driver was not needed. The printer was able to print from an outside technicians input. Just not able to print from my PC.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. So I can help you resolve the printing issue I need to know the following. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using. Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply. Also, would you prefer I assist you via written communication. Or do you want me to connect to your computer from here and personally resolve the issue. If you want to try that additional service let me know and I will send you the offer. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####I will call You if I can find your phone Number.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
HI, Ive sent an offer for remote support. Included in that offer is phone support.
Considering this all started with a virus, there may be leftover damage, windows file corruption, your admin profile rights could be damaged, or it could be something as simple as deleting all printers from the system / printer folder. The remote support will allow me to view this issue with my own eyes and work on it directly. Plus, I guarantee my work so if I cannot fix the issue, you will be entitled to a 100% refund.
Once you have accepted the offer I will send you the connection steps.
If you do not want me connecting to your computer to solve the issue personally, but still want to try phone support, I will send you that offer instead. ( But I highly recommend the remote support + phone support option which Ive already sent to you)
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my answer. Your help will no longer be needed. Thank You Bernard
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
For my records Bernard, could you define what the "answer" was..
My thoughts were along the line of "windows file corruption, your admin profile rights could be damaged, or it could be something as simple as *deleting all printers* from the system / printer folder and reinstalling your printer."
Your response is appreciated, when you have time.
Dustin S.