John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Last night I tried to use my Canon MG6120 printer but recieved

Customer Question

Last night I tried to use my Canon MG6120 printer but recieved a message that the printer is offline and now my computer is not recognizing this printer. I have had it for a few years and never had a problem in the past
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Did you check both ends of the cable? How old is the machine? Have you tried another cable?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked both ends of the cable. The printer is about 3 years old and was working fine 2 days ago
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It working fine 2 days ago does not change anything. Have you tried another cable?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Didn't have one. Just ordered one from Amazon
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok it is possible the cable has failed until you try another one that can not be ruled out. Let me know the results when you can. You can get back to me any time by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top.
.