Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My Canon i70 will not print. It gives out three amber flashes

Customer Question

My Canon i70 will not print. It gives out three amber flashes and one green. It has just had all cartridges replaced. I have tried the method of holding down both buttons etc. which has no effect.
Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This error pattern indicates a "purge unit" failure (or the logic board that controls it) There is no reset, setting, adjustment, or cleaning that can fix that unfortunately. This is a function of normal wear and tear.As this is a 2003 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the print unit / purge assembly, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer. Even the current iteration of this model, if you require a portable unit, is only about $150 and would give you a fresh warranty and added features.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Julian, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even if the news is not. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,