Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

I Have a Brother DCP 8085 Lazer printer. Yesterday we had

Customer Question

I Have a Brother DCP 8085 Lazer printer. Yesterday we had a bad storm and lightning hit very close. This unit was plugged into a APD battery backup surge protector however afterward the unit would not come on. Also my computer would not come on My moden and router were finished and I replaced them today. There was no obvious damage to the computer or the printer. The Geek Squad said that probably the mother board was bad. Do you think there is any hope for the printer or should I buy a new one?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.
It verifies the power supply unit inside the printer has gone bad and needs replacement.
I would suggest you to please first of all enquire about the labor,installation charges etc before going for the repair because in some cases the cost of replacing the power supply unit inside the unit will typically exceed the cost of buying a replacement printer.
Sorry, to give you a bad news. I realize that this answer is not entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand and find this information useful.
Regards