Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a canon printer LBP 7660c UFR (copy1) that I have had

Customer Question

I have a canon printer LBP 7660c UFR (copy1) that I have had for some time. I have never had many problems with it. I had a paper jam and I removed the back and removed the paper. I now have a message on the printer (control box Back cover area paper is jammed.
Press the right key to go to the next step when right key mark is displayed) end of message. Please advise next step. Lyle
**********
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It is probable that the paper sensor switch in the back area is jammed. Remove the back again, and examine that area for a small switch that a piece of paper passing through could push down or push aside - that may be stuck pushed down / pushed aside. If so, see if you can free it up without breaking it... that would be the least necessary to get the printer working again. Also try to hard reset the printer, if that fails to yield any results: turn the printer Off, while it is On, by pulling the power plug on it, sharply and suddenly.Leave the printer that way, for 15+ minutes. Plug it in to the power again, only after that time or more time than that has passed.See if that gets it working again.Let me know what result you get, please. Thanks.