Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have 2 Epson 50 printers. They print very different colors

Customer Question

I have 2 Epson 50 printers. They print very different colors for the dark red on myour dvd. Both printers have the same color management settings and both are set up for text. Is there anyway to get them to print the same?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That could depend upon the inks in them also.

Where did you check on the color management? in the program you are printing from to the two printers (from, I presume, the same computer - but correct me if I'm wrong -) ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
(Pardon me, but I must be offline for a while, unavoidably.... so I am Opting Out of this question and case, opening it to other Experts. I can rejoin you by and by, if nobody else takes up the case... and I will, if nobody else does.)
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I would advise you, upon reflection, to do two things:

- check whether both printers are using standard OEM-original Epson ink supplies.
- do a 'head cleaning' operation, using the maintenance controls in the printer's Epson-supplied software, on *both* printers. One of them may need it, and it may rectify the difference in color - particularly if one printer has been sitting a while.