Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a Brothers MFC-430W printer and cannot clear the Magenta

Customer Question

I have a Brothers MFC-430W printer and cannot clear the Magenta ink Carthride. I bought your brand. What can I do to fix or what can I do to override printer color check as I do most in b and white. Please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc). What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a w
Ay to print without color
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to print without it looking for color as I only need black and white
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No, there is not.The machine will not function without all inks present and useable.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This is a system limitation, the inks all have to be there, even if you aren't really using them.It won't let you print without them because if any color is low/missing, the head will overheat and get damaged.All inks are needed for maintenance/purge functions, so they all have to be there for it to work. Even just for black/white prints.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** don't have q tips and alcohol but will try later. Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.You can try doing the same just with a soft lint free cloth. Distilled water will work in a pinch if you can't get the alcohol.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,