John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Keep getting a printer error has occurred. turn off the printer.

Customer Question

keep getting a printer error has occurred. turn off the printer. then press on button to turn on. see your documentation.
turn it off and back on. but keep getting same message. makes a funny noise as it going thru it warm up routine.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried unplugging it. looked for paper jams,looked for foreign objects around cartridges, changed cartridges, turn off then turned on while holding down stop/clear settings buttons. unplugged it from power and computer then plugged back up while holding down stop/clear settings button.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Please open it as if you were going to change the ink cartridges and let me know what the carriage does.
.