John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Where is the was pin found on my printer it is an iB4020

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you mean the WPS pin?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Are you trying to connect your printer to your home wifi network?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Yes to which question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To both questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer connects to the router but the computer can't find the printer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that isn't a function of the printer at all. The printer doesn't have its own pin number.The wps pin is a function of the router. Many routers dont' support this function because it isn't considered to be very secure anymore. If your model router does, there would be a specific WPS button on the side of the router you'd have to press. Then the router will also have a sticker on it noting the wps pin, which has to be entered into the printer setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer shows up on the computer but it can't connect to it
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Are you using the canon printer network install software?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We just lost our power so we aren't going to snything!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, after it stabilizes try it again. If the computer can't find it then it wasn't properly installed and isn't actually linked to the network.if the printer is close enough to the router to do so, you would simplify install dramatically (as well as have a much faster and more stable connection in the long term) by just plugging the printer into the router directly via wired ethernet/lan cable. http://amzn.to/1KrLxpE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a terrible answer, we purchased a wireless printer because we wanted wireless, telling me to use a cable defeats the whole purpose. Not worth 26 bucks!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm not saying it cannot be used wirelessly, just that it is a better solution to use the ethernet cable. Wifi is inherently buggy and prone to dropping the signal or losing the router connection when the printer goes to sleep, preventing you from printing. This doesn't mean connecting the printer to the computer via usb, but to the router, if it is close enough to do so.We can still do the wireless option if you prefer. I'm happy to help, but haven't heard back from you in regards ***** ***** last questions about how you were doing the configuration. You are missing a step here somewhere with the wifi config on the actual printer.