John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Freddy, I need to reset my Lexmark c782 printer to factory defaults

Customer Question

hi freddy,
I need to reset my Lexmark c782 printer to factory defaults
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Can you explain this a little more please?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Lexmark C782 printer. We cannot remember the password ***** was put in to change the configuration. I need to remove it or reset the printer to the factory defaults.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I will need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and than you for choosing JA for your support needs. Thank Freddy for the hand-off and I am Glad to assist you.Please follow the link below: http://www.answersthatwork.com/Download_Area/ATW_Library/Hardware_Maint/HW___9-Reset_a_Lexmark_Laser_Printer_to_Factory_Defaults.pdf The instructions at the link above will fix the error. Please chime in and let me know of the results....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These instructions do not work. I will be asking for a refund from your company. What a waste of my time...bouncing from one guy to the next for no answers at all.
What was the problem Sir or Madame with the instructions???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your response did not work.. I have called Lexmark technical support to resolve the problem
Have they resolved it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The same fix the other tech sent...it doesn't work for the X782e model or the c782 model.
Then do this Sir or Madame: To restore the original printer factory default settings:1 Make sure the printer is on and the Ready message appears.2 Press Menu until you see Utilities Menu, and then press Select.3 Press Menu until you see Factory Defaults, and then press Select.4 Restore appears on the second line of the display.5 Press Select. The message Restoring Factory Defaults appears followed by the Ready message Your issue should then be fixed....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes...the proper response would have been to hold down buttons # ***** and #6 during the reset, then reset factory network defaults. My printer is fine now. By resetting the network defaults it clears the web password. As I mentioned I will be calling my credit card for a refund.
Please note Sir or Madame;When a solution is presented to you. You normally get back to the Expert and let them know that the solution worked or not.
Just to be clear the solution that you just pointed out came from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lexmark technical support
Have a nice day...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You as well.
:-)