Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Is there a DIP switch or other means of making an Epson M129c

Customer Question

Is there a DIP switch or other means of making an Epson M129c POS printer make a slight noise when or while paper prints or ejects?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I don't think I could say 'yes' to your question. DIP switches are inevitably for a more signifying purpose than what you have asked about. I presume you do hear your POS printer making such a noise. If so, describing it to me would allow me to judge just what is wrong.And if it is indeed making a slight noise, it could indicate something wrong in the workings. As for its making a slight amount of noise as opposed to a lot - that, in general, is part of the facts of its being an electro-mechanical device. But let me know more detail, and I will answer your question more specifically. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting.. I would like this silent printer to make some innocuous sound to let me know a dupe is printing.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
A DIP switch to enable a noise-making function? There is assuredly no such thing engineered into printers. I think my decades of experience (and never having heard of such a thing before, even once) indicates that. Have you heard of any such function yourself? or any indication it might exist? if so, let me know, and I will pursue that lead.