Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Help!ive received an error 08, 030.46:20809 on my Phaser

Customer Question

help!
ive received an error 08, 030.46:20809 on my Phaser 8560
please translate, need printer working for a meeting first think in the am
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That error in a Phaser 8560, as opposed perhaps to the 8560MFP variety, means that the Media Path Motor stalled or ceased to move. This may means either that paper has jammed inside the printer so badly as to stop the Media Path Motor, or that the Media Path motor is itself defective.
Examine the paper path for jams, or other sources of obstruction to the workings.
Unlatch the front door by pulling up on the latch, and look for paper between the black frame and the white paper guide.
Raise the 'green' paper guide by pulling up on the left or right corner. Look behind that guide.
Lower the paper guide back into position, close the cover.
Open Paper Tray 2 from the printer. Examine the place it came out of, in case there's paper only partially fed into the printer, there.
Replace the paper tray in its place and make sure it's closed properly.
Then try turning the printer Off, for (I suggest) at least 20 minutes, perhaps an hour. Then try turning it On and seeing if that all together clears the error.
After that, if the error persists without any sign of a real paper jam, it is probably a hardware fault in the printer, which would in that case unfortunately need to be serviced, in order for it to work again.
Let me know whether I can give you any more advice on this matter.