Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Epson stylus PHOTO RX500 printer was working fine copying 35mm

Customer Question

epson stylus PHOTO RX500 printer was working fine copying 35mm photos then we installed window 7 on new computer. it only copys and scan but is unable to copy 35mm are they any think I can do .
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that you need to install the right software for scanning 35 mm film, on your Windows 7 computer.
If you could go to
Start - Control Panel - System and Security - System
and tell me what the System Type listed there is, 32-bit or 64-bit, that will let me know what exactly you need to do with your computer to get full compatibility with your Epson RX500.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is 32-bits
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. Try these instructions: First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.) So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer. Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel - Devices and Printers, and remove all entries for your Epson printer and its series, by clicking on each of its icons (or entries) and deleting. Then go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and use Uninstall (or Remove or Change/Remove) to get rid of all programs specific to your Epson printer. Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again. Then, go tohttp://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=26321&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_7-32and click once on the 'Select Operating System' control (somewhat lower down on the page), and selectWindowsand then click once on the 'Select OS Version' control, and selectWindows 7 (x32) then click once on the link for 'Printer Driver and Scanner Driver', and then download the proper driver for your printer.Save it to disk, then double-click on the downloaded file, and do the driver installation.