Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Scanner error oxfi i have taken the cartridges out and

Customer Question

hi/scanner error oxfi
i have taken the cartridges out and put them back the cartage container seems to go to far to the right so it jams opening the top on the container slightly
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.
While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.
Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.
Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it went back to the right from the middle but then got error message again when it went too far to the right and the edge of the housing got caught under the frame side
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That is not good, how old is the machine? If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty? Can you still move the carriage by hand at all?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes and it not even a year old
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
If it is under a year old it is still under warranty. Since you can still move it by hand look behind the carriage and you should see a white or clear plastic strip along the wall. Clean that as best you can with a lint free cloth then repeat the original steps. if the same thing happens call this number: 1(###) ###-####They may have you try the same things again this is because they have to, just tell them you already did it.
Once done they will normally send out a replacement or since it is less than a month you can exchange it at the store most stores allow a 30 day exchange. Unfortunately from what you are describing the carriage assembly is defective and would need to be replaced. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.