John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an MX870 printer which has been working perfectly for

Customer Question

I have an MX870 printer which has been working perfectly for several years . This morning it decided to only print in black.
All of the cartridges are in place and have ink.
How do I get color printing back?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet? If you did how did you clean it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
..
..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It did not seem to need a cleaning. Up til failure to print color, it was working perfectly. Just need the know how to set-up color
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That does not change anything and I still need the answer to both my questions. However now I also need you to print this page and let me know if the color parts come out black and white, or blank.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The color came back on its own!!!!!.
Will get back if I lose uit again.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok, is the color faded at all? If it is then you still have a problem.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. It seems to be as it was.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok, it may have been a temporary greyscale or it could have been the program/document being printed. Let me know if it happens again.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. How do I get back to you, if necessary.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
To get back to me go to justanswer.com and click on my questions at the top of the page.
.