Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I have run the cleaning function printhead twice.

Customer Question

I have run the cleaning function for the printhead twice. Color prints fine. I have replaced black cartridge twice. It does not print at all. Urgent!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it giving an error when you try to print?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no. let's try to communicate this way. i am in switzerland and realize you probably cannot call me.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi
I dont do phone calls, but we can just continue here.
Can you reply to my question please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, it is not giving me an error message
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Is the paper just going through but coming out blank?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes. I didn't start out that way, printing became light and illegible. I have changed the black cartridge 3 times, it is not that. Other colors work, it is just black
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Try to clean the nozzle where the black cartridge goes in.
Use a Q Tip and try to unblock it there then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is indeed better, but i don't know how long that will last, as at some parts of the page are very light. I also got an error message for the first time when i tried to print. i am going to try the cue tip again. please hang on and i willget back to you
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem and thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No dice. I have tried cleaning until the cue tip is not black anymore. Now it is again printing but increasingly light and illegible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is printing in color (red).
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
It is the printhead that has faulted.
As its not removable in this printer, it requires a complete disasemble and the print head replaced. But they do not see this seperatly so it needs to be done in a printer repair store.
It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at know cost to you. If the warranty has expired, then you are best to purchase a new printer as the cost to repair this would exceed the value of the printer.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. It's out of warranty, but only 2 years old. I have looked on the internet and it seems there are chronic complaints with this HP printer. Is that the case to your knowledge?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I would not say Chronic but it can suffer this issue, but all printers can.
What you Always have to make sure is that you purchase a printer with a removable print head.
If this one had one, we could fix it ourselves.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does HP make these? I have just purchased 4 new HP 364 cartridges!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, for example
Photosmart 7520
Photosmart 7510
Photosmart C5300 / C6300
Photosmart B8550
Photosmart D7560
Photosmart b109 / c310 / b210 / c309 / b209 / b010 / b110 / c510 / c309 / c410
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for the info. I will rate you now. I was VERY frustrated in not being able to log in, as I was repeatedly being told my password ***** incorrect etc etc. they should fix that. but you have been great.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, not sure why that occurred, but I only fix problems here, I don't have any control over the website sorry.
If you need anything else, please let me know
Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you