Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My HP OJ 6500 error indicates a paper jam and the printhead

Customer Question

My HP OJ 6500 error indicates a paper jam and the printhead is stuck and will not move from home' I discovered there is NO paper jam. Whats going on?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Did you try to slide the cartridges with your hand, after turning off the printer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes--tightly jammed--won't budge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying that, as you cannot see any paper inside the printer and still getting the error message, it means the printer thinks there is a paper jam and it can also happen when the cartridges are jammed. Now, there are various reasons, which can jam the cartridges. sometimes foreign objects like paper clips or bits of paper can can also cause this problem. But, in those cases, you can slide the cartridges with your hand, as you are not able to do so also, it means there is some mechanical fault and from my experience the cartridges can get jammed so tightly, when the waste ink absorbers, which are located just below the printhead popped up from their chambers and block the movement of the cartridges. Unfortunately, you cannot repair the printer at home, if you do not have any previous experience in this type of repairing, because to solve this problem at home, you have to completely dismantle the printer then, remove the printhead and only after that, you will be able to see the absorbers and take the actions required. Please let me know, if you still want to repair the printer at home, so that I can find a service manual for the printer, because as this is a online platform, I can only provide the information and cannot help you physically.