Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Konico Minolta C450. I was trying to get the Scan

Customer Question

I have a Konico Minolta C450. I was trying to get the Scan to Email function to work. During the setup, I messed with some settings and turned SSL on. Now, when I open a browser and type in my printer's address, it immediately switches to Https: and the web page does not display, I get an "En" up in the right hand corner and that's it. I need to be able to administer this machine and turn SSL off again so I can browse it in a web browser.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Which browser are you opening it in?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used Internet Explorer and Firefox both
What is the exact message it gives? Can you upload a screen shot here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen shot is attached
Can you click the red x on the top and tell me what does it says?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the error when i use Google Chrome
Click the red x (the lock) and send screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It gives an untrusted Certificate error, I have imported the self signed cert from the printer, but it doesn't help
1. From the operation panel, enter Administrator mode.2. Select Security Setting -> Security Details.And tell me what do you see?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not in front of the printer, I am remote. If you are going to tell me to turn SSL off at the panel, I have tried that already, it didn't help.
I do not have any ideas to try remotely. So i will opt out and open the question to other experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks, ***** ***** have any input for me to try once I am onsite, I will be onsite tomorrow.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I can help you with disabling the ssl.
Registering the certificate of this machine for SSL communications
[Tp Remove a Certificate]In the administrator mode of PageScope Web Connection, select [Security] ö [PKI Settings] ö [DeviceCertificate Setting] ö [Setting] ö "Remove a Certificate".Click [OK] to remove the registered device certificate.
copy and paste the link attached below and refer to page 148
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/421595/Konica-Minolta-Bizhub-223.html?page=148
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try to get into the Administrator mode through PageScope, it gives me an SNMP error saying the Read name is ***** ***** though it is 'public' on the machine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/857624/Konica-Minolta-Bizhub-C450.html?page=225
open the link and refer to page 225
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have done that and it says 'public'....I've even deleted it and retyped it in. I can't use the web connection tool because the page won't load, if you look at my screen shots, you'll see that the page doesn't load, it gives me an En in the corner and a big white screen. Like it's trying to load the pages from the En directory, but it never gets any further.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
in that case try to do a factory reset.
1. Open the compact flash cover.
2. Press the Warm Restart switch 2 times.
3 Wait and you will see a black [O] dot appears on the center left hand side press "3" from the keypad then enter 8 digit service code and press end.
default code is 8 times zeros 0. [00000000]
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a warm reset button that I can find ANYWHERE on the machine. I have followed all the manuals and taken the cover off of everything I can, no warm reset switch that I can find? Is there a way to do the factory reset at the panel of the machine?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
the steps i gave above are generic for bizhub models
however, in case they do not work on your unit, i will opt out and let other experts share their views on this issue and assist you further
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I'd like to start over on this case, to some extent, though I have reviewed the previous Experts' work on the matter, and your helpful and illustrative screenshots.
First, did you ever get Scan-to-email to work?
Second, do you recollect just how you enabled SSL / secure socket communications, or for what (more or less - I'm trying to elicit details) or where ?
Let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scan to email does not work. I enabled SSL through the web connection in the Administrator settings
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Can you get back into the Administrator settings? I take it that you cannot, and that's the problem.Is your Internet Explorer fully updated? run Windows Update to be sure, and be sure to apply any updates that refer to Internet Explorer. What version is your Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried many different browsers on many different computers, no go. I've changed settings in IE, nothing. It isn't the computer or the browser.....it's the computer inside the Konica that isn't serving up the pages correctly.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
How about a different approach?
Assuming that the SSL selection and also the certificate in the Konica are wrong... the SSL requiring a valid certificate match, and the certificate in the Konica being too outdated (probably)... would it be possible for you to log in as Administrator on the Konica machine itself? (instead of via the convenient web interface, that happens not to be convenient now.)
I'm asking, does that sound at all feasible, or an angle you would like to approach? or would you prefer that I look up how to factory-settings-reset your model of Konica machine? (so that it presumably has to be set up from scratch, but will at least become accessible to the web interface again... maybe...)
Let me know, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can login to the machine itself at the control panel. I've tried that numerous times and tried to turn SSL off at the panel, it doesn't help. I think right now the best solution is to factory reset. Can you tell me how to do that?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I may be able to find that information, upon some research. Expect a further posting in about 2 hours more or less.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If you can log into the machine, are you doing so as
administrator
or are you doing so by going into the Service Mode ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAEn6P3tz_k
claims to be a reset procedure for a Konica machine, but it may only work on the BizHub 350 that this procedure is for.
Try this, also:
press STOP/RESET
press MENU/SELECT
select Utility
select Machine Setting
select Auto Panel Reset
turn the machine Off with the power switch.
Wait 1 minute or more.
Turn the machine On again, and try again. This is said to restore factory settings... but to what extent, I can't be certain.
Then there's this possible Answer: go to (but only if you have a good web-protection anti-virus utility... this page signals, to me, that it has content from flagged or dangerous sites, so accessing it could do some harm to your computer, possibly, if you aren't well-protected against viruses, malware, spyware, etc.)
https://www.scribd.com/archive/plans?doc=77022066&escape=false&metadata={%22context%22%3A%22archive_view_restricted%22%2C%22page%22%3A%22read%22%2C%22action%22%3A%22download_promo%22%2C%22logged_in%22%3Afalse%2C%22platform%22%3A%22web%22}
and download that document, saving it as a file. Close that web page once the download is done. Then scan the file for malware. Then open the file, and do a Search in the file (once it is fully loaded into your reader application) for
'Restore the factory initial settings and reset the printer'
which is text somewhere within that file. It might be accompanied by instructions on how to do so... but, it might not. That's why I put this suggestion last. Please read all disclaimers about this last suggestion before trying it.