John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MX420 has just stopped responding to my "COPY" process.

Customer Question

My MX420 has just stopped responding to my "COPY" process. The printer responds fine to my computer print commands. It just passes blank paper to my "Copy" process. Any advice?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Can you tell me, what you have tried so far to solve the problem ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just normal copying function that I have used for years. Paper to be copied face down on platen. COPY button pushed down. Number og copies entered on keyboard. BLACK Start Button pushed.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, I will first recommend you to hard reset the printer, following the steps below, as I assume you have not tried anything to solve the problem. 1.Disconnect the power cord and USB cable from the printer. 2.Wait for 10 mins. 3.Connect only the power cord and try to copy and then let me know the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still nothing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Must leave for the night. Will try again tomorrow.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
OK, no problem. Please reply me back, when you want to continue, I will get back to you asap.