John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an error code that looks like 8N What does it mean

Customer Question

I have an error code that looks like 8N What does it mean?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Apparently you have a Canon 745 cartridge system, that goes in Canon models PIXMA MG2570 and PIXMA MG2470. So I am guessing that you have one of those models of printer.
'Error 8N' is not documented, that I can find on a search. I suspect that, with the type of printer you presumably have, you need to look at the number of light flashes that the light on the printer is blinking out, then pausing, then blinking out again.
A paper jam, for instance, would be three flashes, a pause, three flashes, and so forth.
Eight flashes would be 'ink absorber almost full'.
Count the light flashes, and let me know how many there are, please.
Otherwise, if the light is not flashing, turn the printer Off, and wait 10+ minutes, then turn it On again, and see how it behaves.